Hofficraft is a small Independent illustration business based in Abingdon Oxfordshire set up and run by me, Manda Hartley.
I run the business part time from home with help from my husband and my cat Bella both of whom are key members of the team!
I also work for Oxford Uni doing something entirely unrelated to illustration!
I grew up in the small Welsh market town of Cowbridge and my creative background is in Graphic Design, however working in that industry sucked the creative life out of me so I turned to illustrating instead!
My work is inspired by an introverts daily struggles, triumphs and joys!
All of my work starts out in a good old fashioned sketchbook before being worked up digitally on an ipad pro. I love trying out new techniques and experimenting with different ways to bring my illustrations to life.
Most of my printing is done at home on a trusty ink jet printer, I also use a sublimation printer for heat pressing my coasters and mugs!
All my clothing, bags and tea towels are screen printed by hand in my kitchen!
I set up Hofficraft in 2014 mainly because I was bored and needed a creative outlet! I started out making stuff from shrink plastic and fimo before really pinning down my illustrative style.
I sell through Folksy and Etsy and can usually be found at various local Oxfordshire events (when there is not a pandemic)
You can also find my work locally in the Oxford Etsy Concept store over in Didcot, The Shop in Witney and Nothing in the Covered Market in Oxford.
Here are a few facts about me!
• I am very fond of jelly and custard.
• I have a fear of mayonnaise.
• My cat thinks I am hilarious and laughs at all my jokes.
• My earliest memory is sieving the fruity bits out of a yogurt because they made me gag.
• I have an autoimmune condition called Ankylosing Spondylitits this is an inflammatory condition that effects the spine and other joints in the body.....this is why you might find me clutching my back at markets with a hot water bottle down my trousers!
• I don't like shouting and loud noises or too many noises all at once.
• I am Welsh and proud.
• I am a professional procrastinator
• I really like silence, however my mind is rarely silent.
• I like to listen to power ballads in the bath.
You can find out more about the business and how I work over in the blog (thats if I have actually written anything yet because I have probably been procrastinating instead!)